Give yourself more time with Fluid
Transfer a balance to your Fluid card from the majority of UK credit cards.
Become a Fluid customer and cut the cost of your monthly credit card with a 0% interest balance transfer period of nine-months from account opening (3% fees applies). That’ll give you more money to put towards clearing your credit card debt and help you look to the future again.
Interest rate for purchases34.94% P.A.
With a representative34.9% APR
Assumed credit limit£1,200
How does a 0% interest for 9 months balance transfer work?
Any introductory balance transfer offer must be made within the first 60 days of account opening for new customers (3% fee applies).
- Each transfer must be a minimum of £100 and you can transfer more than one balance. Each time you make a balance transfer you’ll be charged a fee
- You cannot transfer balances from store cards, any other card provided by NewDay, American Express, Pre Paid, Cashplus or Business credit cards
- The total of all balance transfers and transfer fees must not exceed 90% of your available credit limit
- All balance transfers are subject to our approval.You must keep to the terms of your credit card agreement to remain eligible for this offer
- You will lose your promotional rate if you go over your credit limit or don’t make your contractual minimum payment on time each month.The standard balance transfer rate would then apply to any remaining balance
- At the end of the 9 month promotional period, your standard balance transfer rate will apply to any remaining balance
- The initial credit limit is £250 - £4,000
- Transfers made more than 60 days after account opening will not benefit from the introductory offer. Instead, the standard balance transfer rate will apply to such transfers
If a transfer is made outside of the first 60 days from account opening, you will not be eligible to receive your introductory rate, and a standard rate will apply.
The 9 month 0% interest period starts from the date you open your account. If you make a balance transfer later in the offer period, you will enjoy 0% interest for a shorter amount of time.
If a customer applies to carry out a balance transfer one month from account opening, they will only get 8 months of 0% interest on that transfer.
With Fluid balance transfer:
- Transfer balances from the majority of UK credit cards. You will need to be primary cardholder to make a balance transfer.
- Transfer balances from store cards, any other card provided by NewDay, American Express, Pre Paid, Cashplus or Business credit cards.
Before the balance is transferred to Fluid
You should continue making monthly repayments to your existing card provider until the balance transfer shows on the card account you hold with them.
Pay on time each month
You will lose any promotional balance transfer offer (including the 0% interest for 9 months introductory offer), if you don’t make your contractual minimum payment on time each month. The standard balance transfer rate would then apply
Adjust your direct debit
If you have a Direct Debit that pays off your balance in full each month, you can amend this in your Fluid app or Online Account Manager, to help you take full advantage of your introductory 0% interest for 9 months balance transfer offer
At the end of the 0% interest period
Your standard balance transfer rate of interest will apply to any outstanding balance transfer at the end of your nine month interest-free period
If you usually pay your balance in full each month. Balance Transfers can affect your interest free period for purchases. Carrying a balance (including a Balance Transfer balance) means you’ll be charged interest on any new purchases straight away. Once you clear your balance in full (including any Balance Transfer balance), you’ll go back to having an interest free period for purchases.
Here are answers to the most common frequently asked questions.
After 3pm on Monday to Friday, and on Bank Holidays and weekends, your balance transfer will be processed on the next working day
Yes, you can make a balance transfer at any time by logging into Online Account Manager or going onto the Fluid App and telling us that you'd like to make a balance transfer
Once you've activated your card, you can use Online Account Manager or the Fluid App to request a balance transfer. This balance transfer service is available 24/7.
Once logged in, select the Balance Transfer option and tell us how much you want to transfer, providing the details of the card you wish to transfer the balance from and we will do the rest.
Note that you can transfer anything from £100 up to 90% of your available credit limit (including fees).
If you're not already registered for Online Account Manager, its easy to sign up
You can transfer as many balances as you want from different UK credit cards onto your Fluid card.
However, you can only make one balance transfer from the same credit card onto your Fluid card during a 30 day period. Once that period expires, you can make another balance transfer from the same credit card onto your Fluid card.
You can make a balance transfer of an amount up to 90% of your available credit limit including fees.
No, not once you’ve asked us to transfer the balance. Unfortunately, we can’t refund the fee (unless you’re a new Fluid customer and you exercise your right to withdraw from your credit agreement within 14 days of receiving your Fluid card).
If you’ve just received your new Fluid card and we’ve offered you a promotional interest rate for balance transfers, it’ll be in the credit card agreement that we sent with your new card.
If you’re already a Fluid card customer, we may have sent you a letter or email offering you a promotional balance transfer interest rate. This will explain what the rate is and when your offer starts and ends.
You can also ask us what the rate is when you call to make a transfer. And of course if you make a balance transfer we’ll make sure it’s included afterwards on your statement.
Yes, if you have a promotional balance transfer, you can lose your promotional balance transfer interest rate if:
- You don’t make at least your contractual minimum monthly payments on time and/or
- You go over your credit limit
At the end of your promotional period, or at the point your promotional rate is withdrawn, your standard balance transfer rate will apply to any remaining balance.